Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Morning With the Squirrels


Quarry:  Deer (Muzzleloader)
Time:  6:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Sunrise/Sunset:  6:46 AM - 5:01 PM
Moon Phase:  Full
Temperature:  30*F
Wind:  6 MPH
Weather:  Sunny

    When I awoke this morning at 6:00, the moonlight shining through my bedroom window eased some of my anticipation for the morning's hunt.  The full moon in the sky that night would have allowed the deer to feed most of the night, only my game plan for the morning counted on the moon setting relatively early.  Naturally, the moon shone high and bright till nearly 6:30 in the morning.
    A half hour later I had Buck Bomb* dispensed on the trees, a cover scent on the blind, and myself seated inside the blind.
    The last time I toted my TC Muzzleloader I shot a fat doe, and it is by far my favorite gun.  So my hopes were high that I would be able to drag home a deer this morning.
    Similar to my last hunt, the only animals that showed themselves this morning were bushytails-tons of them. Needless to say, I need to do some serious rodent control.

No comments :