Sunday, May 26, 2013

WHY YOU SHOULD BE FISHING SURFACE PATTERNS NOW

    The much-despised Brood II Cicadas made their grand entrance to the super-terranean world two weeks ago, slimy from a fresh molt.

    Now the burrowing bugs are reaching their peak, buzzing around in packs and turning every woodlot into a complete audio jungle experience, and are soon to make the predicted splash in the angling world.  I took this short piece of footage a few days ago on a local farm pond.  It's one of the first cicadas I've seen in the water.  Hopefully more will find their way there, bringing more fish to the surface, and hopefully diminishing a few decibels of this blasted buzzing!

    I apologize for the quality of the video--my iPhone is my only current method of recording.  But, if you can, pay attention to the struggling black bug in the center of the frame.  Enjoy.



No comments :